Our designer will collaborate with you to plan your kitchen to perfectly suit your requirements, taking into account both form &
function. Together we will design a kitchen that not only works in terms of storage & organization, but will also be aesthetically pleasing. We will then carefully select the components that will combine to make your kitchen as unique as you are – a truly bespoke creation!
Personalization is the Key
All our timber & painted MDF kitchens are hand-made to the highest standards by our team of craftsmen at our workshop in Bolton. The cabinets can be made from solid wood (oak, pine, maple or beech) using traditional methods of construction. Alternatively, & more often for reasons of cost, the cabinets are made from MFC(melamine-faced chipboard), of a rigid construction & colour co-ordinated to that of the frontal furniture. Drawer boxes can be either in solid timber on soft-close drawer runners, or with metal sides c/w MFC bottoms & backs, again with soft-close runners.
- Preparation involves stripping out old kitchen, stripping wall tiles and/ or floor tiles & demolishing the ceiling , if necessary, & removing all rubbish from site
- The electrician then carries out first-fix electrical work before the kitchen is installed and will call back later, when the units & appliances are fitted, to complete the electrical installation. Included in this can be installation of ceiling lights, new RCD consumer unit and / or a complete house re-wire. After the work is completed the electrician will provide the customer with a Part P certificate as proof of compliance for all work done.
All gas plumbing is carried out by our own Gas Safe engineer.
- We will undertake to do any building work associated with the installation
- Plastering is carried out by a highly skilled tradesman to make good the walls after the tiles are stripped & to re-board & skim the ceiling, if necessary.
- Installation of the kitchen units, c/w accessories & appliances, is carried out by our own in-house kitchen fitter, who takes the extra time & care to make sure that everything is fit-perfect.
- Hand-painting the kitchen is carried out by an accomplished dedicated painter of kitchens whose work can be seen in Smallbone’s showroom in Harrogate & at Mother Hubbard’s Cupboards Limited in Stanningley.
- Tiling (floor or wall) is carried out by a master craftsman whose work appears in Yorkshire Ridings magazine.
We can also do supply-only kitchen / bedroom furniture, if you have your own tradesmen